Having an orthodontic appliance in the mouth is no easy task. The wearer might face certain struggles along their teeth straightening journey. For Invisalign, as the clear aligners are meant to be worn 20 to 22 hours every day, patients need to be extra proactive to avoid any issues that might impact their lifestyle. Little Family Dentistry is here to help! We will give you the tips and tricks to overcome the common problems associated with Invisalign treatment.
Frequent Issues With Invisalign – And Their Solutions
Since Invisalign trays are clear, it is easy for pigmented drinks to dull the appearance of the appliance. Here are the ways to maintain the clean look of the aligner:
- It is recommended to remove the clear aligner when eating or drinking. However, if wearers might find it inconvenient to do so, we suggest the use of straws when quenching colorful juices instead.
- Refrain from drinking hot beverages with the Invisalign on. High temperatures can cause the transparent aligner to warp.
- Remember, drinks with light colors can still stain. Sticking to plain water is best.
It is normal for people who are wearing an orthodontic appliance to struggle when eating. But the good news is, Invisalign is removable! Wearers can enjoy all the foods and snacks that they love without damaging their oral device.
Points to remember:
- Take out the aligner from your mouth before eating.
- Once eating is done, be sure to brush and floss.
- If brushing or flossing is inconvenient, at least rinse with mouthwash.
- Always bring a travel-sized oral care kit and Invisalign case when dining out.
As the teeth adjust to the orthodontic appliance, the wearer may feel minimal pain. Just follow these to counter the discomfort:
- Apply a cold compress to the affected part.
- As much as possible, do not munch crunchy foods while the mouth is sore.
- Choose to switch the new tray before going to bed, so when discomfort is present, you would not feel it that much.
Little Family Dentistry is always ready to help you. Do not hesitate to ask our team if you have some queries regarding the Invisalign treatment.
Bring out your best smile with Invisalign in Bayonne, NJ, book your appointments with Little Family Dentistry! Visit us to experience an outstanding treatment in making your teeth straighter, beautiful and healthy!